( UPSC ) CS EXAM 2019-20 ( Prelims ) Notification
Union Public Commission Service ( UPSC ) CS EXAM 2019-20 ( Prelims ) Notification regarding Civil Services Exam 2019. Keen aspirants who want to apply for UPSC civil services like IAS, IPS, IES and others may check process to fill application form, eligibility & other details.
The process to fill Civil Services Exam application form will be commenced from 19.02.2019 onwards. Contenders must go through the entire eligibility conditions in order to satisfy themselves for Union Public Commission Service recruitment 2019. The Closing date for submission of Civil Services online Application Form is 18.03.2019.
Civil Services Exam Notification 2019 Details:!!!
Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct Civil Services Prelims Exam which is to be organized on 02.06.2019. The civil services result for UPSC Prelims Exam will be available to candidates on the official website from August 2019 onwards.
To gain more details about Union Public Service Commission Civil Services Exam including eligibility, applying process, paper pattern & others, you may scroll down this page designed by team members of jobkhojo.com
Civil Services Exam
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Category||Civil Services Exam|
|Number of vacancies||782|
|Date of issue of Civil Services exam 2019 notification||19-02-2019|
|Starting date to fill UPSC application form||19-02-2019|
|Closing date to apply online||18-03-2019|
|UPSC Pre Exam Date||02-06-2019 (1 Day)|
|UPSC civil services Mains Exam Date||20-09-2019 (5 Days)|
|Declaration of final result||January 2020|
Civil Services Vacancies:
Number of Vacancies: 782
|Sr. No.||Name of Service or Posts Name|
|01||Indian Administrative Service|
|02||Indian Foreign Service|
|03||Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise, Gr. ‘A’)|
|04||Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|05||Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A|
|06||Indian Defence Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|07||Indian Revenue Service (I.T.),Gr. ‘A’|
|08||Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|09||Indian Postal Service, Gr. ‘A.|
|10||Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A|
|11||Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|12||Indian Railway Personnel Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|13||Indian Railways Traffic Service Gr. ‘A’|
|14||Indian Defence Estates Service Gr. ‘A’|
|15||Indian Information Service, Gr. ‘A’|
|16||Indian Trade Service Gr. ‘A’ (Gr.III)|
|17||Indian Corporate Law Service|
|18||Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Gr.’B’ (Section Officers’ Grade)|
|19||Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’|
|20||Pondicherry Civil Service, (Group B)|
UPSC Civil Services Eligibility Criteria 2019:
Check out detailed Civil Services Eligibility Criteria prior applying for Civil Services Exam 2018.
- For Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, applicants should be Indian resident.
- For other upsconline.nic.in Recruitment candidates must be a citizen of India, or subject of Nepal / Bhutan / A Tibetan refugee / A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from other countries with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Number Of Attempts for UPSC Civil Services Exam:
- Applicants, who are willing to get Civil Services Jobs, should have degree in any discipline from concern Universities recognized by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions.
- Candidates who have appeared examination but have not been informed of the results are eligible to apply and applicants who are having professional and technical qualifications that are recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree are also eligible to apply.
Number Of Attempts:
We have listed attempt details concerning Civil Services Paper in tabular form. Have a look below.
|Category||No. of Attempts|
|Open Category||6 times|
UPSC Civil Services Age Limit:
Applicants applying against Civil Services Notification 2019 shall be not more than 18 years of age and other age criteria is mentioned below:
|Category||Age limit (upto)|
Get Here>> Civil Services Exam Notification
UPSC Civil Services Application Fee:
To apply against Civil Services mains notification, applicants are required to pay application fee through Credit/Debit card/Internet banking or cash in SBI Bank.
- General/Others – Rs.100/-
- SC/ST/PH Candidates – No fees
Civil Services Selection Criteria:
Aspirants will be shortlisted for UPSC Civil Services Recruitment on the basis of performance in listed sessions.
- Prelims Exam
- Main Examination
Civil Services Exam Pattern
Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern 2019:
|Name of the paper||No. of MCQs||Max. marks||Duration of exam|
|General Studies Paper I||100||200||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II||80||200||2 hours|
|General Studies paper II (X series)||80||200||2 hours 20 minutes|
Points Concerning UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam:
- In UPSC Prelims exam, Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions are asked.
- There is a provision of “Negative Marking” in the Prelims exam.
- There is a penalty of 33% marks or we can also say 0.83 marks for each and every wrong answer.
- Shortlisted aspirants under Preliminary exam will appear for UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam for Indian Forest Service.
- Only blind aspirants will be allotted extra time of 20 mints for each paper.
- It is obligatory for all the candidates to appear in both the papers of Civil Services.
- Marks scored in the Prelims exam will not be counted in the final marks of the Mains exam as well Interview.
Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern 2018:
|Paper Details||Subjects Description||Max Marks|
|Paper-A||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Paper-B||English (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Papers To Be Counted For Merit|
|Papers II||General Studies I||250|
|Papers III||General Studies II||250|
|Papers IV||General Studies III||250|
|Papers V||General Studies IV||250|
|Papers VI, VII||Optional Subjects Paper 1||250|
|Papers VII||Optional Subjects Paper 2||250|
|Total Marks for Written Examination||1750|
Civil Services Syllabus 2019:
In Civil Services Exam 2019, questions are asked from topics like History of India and Indian National Movement, General Science, Indian polity and Governance, General Mental Ability, Logical Reasoning and analytical ability etc. By hitting on link placed on this page, you may access complete syllabus of Civil Services Exam.
Centers Of Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination:
|Gautam Buddh Nagar||Kochi||Jaipur|
|Port Blair||Kozhikode (Calicut)||Jorhat|
|Anantpur (Andhra Pradesh)||Varanasi||Jabalpur|
Centers of Civil Services (Mains) Examination
Civil Services Exam Cut Off 2019:
Procedure to fill Civil Services Application form 2018:
Civil Services Online Registration process will be done in two parts as Part- I Registration and Part- II Registration. Follow steps listed here to apply for Civil Services Exam.
Part- I Registration:
Follow steps listed below to fill Civil Services Online Application form.
- Visit official website of Union Public Service Commission Official website that is upsconline.nic.in
- Press on “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” link accessible at mid of page.
- Choose ‘Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination’ link from new page.
- For Part- I Registration, read out all instructions carefully.
- After that, fill Civil Services Registration Form 2019.
- Put all details like name, gender, date of birth, fathers and mother name and contact details etc in CSE Registration Form.
- Submit all details & an auto-generated email will be sent on your registered email-id.
Hit here>>Part I Registration
- Prior applying, Scan your photograph, which should be in JPG format of size 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140 pixel height by 110 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit and signature in JPG format, having digital size of each file must be less that 40 kb and greater than 1 kb and resolution 110 pixel height by 140 pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit.
- Access copy of challan form. Hit on ‘Part- II Registration’.
- Make payment of application fee.
- Choose center from 23 centers as per your preference.
- Upload your photograph and signature.
- Hit on submit tab for submission of CSE Online Application form.
- Carry hard copy of it for future need.
Hit here>>Part II Registration
UPSC Civil Services Exam 2019 Important Dates:
|Issue of UPSC Civil Services Notification||19.02.2019|
|availability of UPSC Civil Services Application form|
|Last date for UPSC Civil Services registration||18.03.2019|
|UPSC Civil Services Prelims Admit Card||Last week of May 2019|
|UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam date||02.06.2019 (1 Day)|
|UPSC Civil Services Prelims exam result||August 2019|
|UPSC Civil Services mains admit card||September 2019|
|UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Date||20.09.2019 (5 Days)|
|Declaration of Civil Services Final Result||January 2020|
For rest updates on Civil Services Exam 2019, candidates are advised to hit on the official link of the website regularly.